Diet For Rosacea - Your Best Plan..............
Is there really a specific diet for rosacea? Have you noticed an in symptoms when you eat certain foods or avoid certain foods?
Why does that happen, what causes this, and what foods could be triggering the flare-ups?
While this may not work for everyone, but there is some evidence indicating that following a special diet plan (by avoiding certain foods) you can really help reduce those annoying symptoms such as redness, flushing and breakouts.
In addition, a rosacea diet plan may enhance your treatment so you can recovery much faster. This section will outline a quick diet plan of foods to eat and foods that cause rosacea flare-ups.
Or continue reading below to find out about rosacea causes and the best diet for rosacea suffers.
Rosacea Diet Plan - Foods To Eat Avoid
Rosacea symptoms are characterized by redness, flushing, or visible blood vessels on the face.
While the exact causes of this skin disease is not known, researchers and doctors suspect it has something to do with certain foods or allergies -- that trigger symptoms.
Rosacea suffers need to avoid anything that causes inflammation, too much dilation of the blood vessel or increased circulation in the face and neck. So the best diet for rosacea should avoid or limit the following foods.
Now mind you this food list will vary from person to person. You'll have to try each one out and see how your body reacts:
- Alcohol and hot or spicy beverages and foods like hot peppers, spices, black pepper, marinades, and vinegar
- Citrus fruits and juices, tomatoes, red plums, raisins, and chocolates
- Flavoring and seasonings like soy sauce, yeast extract, MSG, aspartame, NutraSweet, and food colorings
- Other foods include shellfish like lobster and pawns
- Life sytle factors including saunas, hot tubs, exercise, stress, and anger
- Environmental factors including cold weather, wind, temperature extremes, and certain skin care products with preservatives
Foods To Eat For Rosacea Suffers
Rosacea suffers should try to concentrate on a mostly alkaline diet. Studies have shown that a vegetarian alkaline diet can dramatically reduce rosacea symptoms within two months.
While not all study participants were completely symptom free, an alkaline diet did to help reduce inflammation and did provide some relief to all participants.
So what are the best foods to eat for rosacea? To put it simply, avoid simple carbohydrates, pre-packaged processed foods, and red meat. These foods not only spike insulin levels causing inflammatory reactions throughout the whole body.
But also create age-accelerating free radicals which breaks down skin collagen. These foods are your skin’s worst enemy – whether or not you suffer from rosacea.
A sample diet for rosacea should include the following foods:
- Large amounts of vegetables especially salad greens, sprouts. Vegetables should your largest portion on your plate
- Certain fruits like blackberries, blueberries, and cherries. These fruits are known to be vascular constrictors and could help in reducing redness
- High quality proteins like fish, eggs, egg whites, skinless turkey and chicken
- Healthy unsaturated fats like olive oil, avocados, flaxseeds
- Whole grains including millet and quinoa
- Fresh water – at least 8 to 10 glasses in daily
Finally, talk to your doctor about taking a baby aspirin once a day. Scientists have found that rosacea suffers who took 81 mg of aspirin had few and shorter outbreaks after 30 days.
However, make sure your get your doctor’s approval before taking a baby aspirin daily.
Treatment For Rosacea - Healing Extracts
While the proper diet for rosacea is a good foundation for healing, alternative health specialists believe that to complete the picture - a rosacea cure to reduce flare-ups - lies in protecting and nourishing the skin using the right natural treatments.
These treatments include topical creams to relieve flare-ups, blotchiness and help get the rosacea under control to stop it from getting spreading and causing further damage to the skin.
With over 25 years experience in the health and nutrition field, the best product I’ve found is natural and most of gentle and you can tailor it to your needs.
These formulas come in an Oily Skin formula and a Dry Skin formula to get the maximum results for your needs.
This doctor tested formula includes all natural pure essential oils free from chemicals, herbicides, and chemical fertilizers and is all organic. It's gentle, yet very effective.
I highly recommend this product to anyone suffering from Rosacea!
Return from Diet For Rosacea to Tips For Healthy Skin
Return from Diet For Rosacea to Wrinkle Free Skin Tips (Home)