What Is Psoriasis?
What is psoriasis and how do you know if you have it? It’s a skin disease that causes red, thick, or swollen patches (often covered in white, silvery scales) to cover parts of the skin like the scalp, face, elbows, hands, knees, fingernails, and toes.
Some people even develop psoriasis inside the mouth and on the genital area.
When looking at psoriasis photos the most common classic psoriasis symptoms you'll notice is scaly, silvery patches due to an over production of skin cells.
Psoriasis causes your skin to duplicate 8 times faster than normal healthy skin. This causes dead skin cell build up on the skin that forms into thick patches or plaques that appear white, silvery, and scaly as the picture of psoriasis above.
What Is Psoriasis - Symptoms?
What is psoriasis and what type of symptoms are associated with it? Unfortunately, this condition is usually painful and itchy. Some cases can even be chronically debilitating and affect the quality of life and leading to depression, anxiety, and stress. That is why there is a need for natural remedies for psoriasis.
This skin disease usually affects men and women equally, but it seems to be more common in Caucasians.
Certain factors can aggravate or worsen psoriasis symptoms:
- Cold, dry weather or sudden changes in climate
- Skin injuries
- Certain medications like lithium or NSAID
- Any kind of cold or infections such strep throat
- Anxiety and stress
What Does Psoriasis Look Like ?
There are different types of psoriasis so this disease may look slightly different from person to person that's why it's important to know the symptoms of psoriasis. The most common types of psoriasis include:
- Guttate psoriasis – This form of psoriasis often appears as tiny lesions or red dots. …some may have scales too. Guttate psoriasis may occur after taking certain medications or after a bout with a viral or bacterial infection.
- Inverse psoriasis – The symptoms of this form include smooth, red patches and no scaling. Sweating and rubbing causes the affected area becomes irritated. This type of psoriasis is usually found in the folds of the skin – like in the armpits, or under the breast and groin.
- Pustular psoriasis – This form has blisters filled with pus on the skin. These blisters are found on the hands and feet and may be spread all over the body.
- Nail psoriasis – This affects the nails of the fingers and toes. It can show up as pits of various size, shape and depth and the nails may turn thick and yellow and crumble easily.
- Plaque psoriasis - This is the most common type of psoriasis and is usually found on the scalp, elbows, knees. This form is characterized by raised, red patches covered with silvery white scales – which are caused by a buildup of dead skin.
- Psoriatic arthritis – This type only affects about 10% of psoriasis patients. And they may develop a form of arthritis called psoriatic arthritis which can result in joint pain and stiffness. It causes redness and swelling may be found on the elbows, hands, knees, feet, hips and spine.
Natural Remedies For Psoriasis
“What is psoriasis is and are there any natural remedies?” As a health advisor for over 25 years, these were the two most common psoriasis related question people would ask. People are tired of the toxic side-effect of psoriasis medications and are looking for natural remedies for psoriasis symptoms.
While there are medications on the market that can help relive the symptoms, they often have many side effects too - making it difficult for many people to complete the treatment. That's why so many of psoriasis suffers are looking for more natural, safer alternatives.
For a treatment to be effective it needs to accomplish two things:
- 1- Exfoliate and reduce excess dead cells. This is what causes those flaky, white patches. Since this disease causes increased cell proliferation, helping to quickly exfoliate them will improve the way your skin looks.
- 2 - Moisturize and hydrate the area to keep from getting too itchy, dry, and irritated.
There is a natural cream that has helped many people and it contains
The good news is there is an effective cream that has FDA approved ingredients called
Vitamin E and Tea Tree oil
along with salicylic acid to encourage the body to begin shedding excess skin cells giving the skin an almost instant smooth appearance.
It's so effective, it contains FDA approved ingredients that help to accomplish the following:
- help to shed excess skin cells
- stop itching and irritation
- moisturize and sooth the skin
- reduce flaking and scaling
Dermasis has also been accepted by the National Psoriasis Foundation as a safe and effective treatment for psoriasis symptoms.
Dermasis contains essential oils like tea tree oil to help heal the skin. Vitamin E and palm oils to protect and moisturizer the skin and Salicylic Acid to encourage skin shedding which helps reduce the look thick, scaly patches after just few applications.
Best of it's not greasy and won't stain your clothes as many harsh prescription creams can do. I highly encourage anyone with psoriasis to give this product a try.
comes with a 90 money back guarantee -- plus it's backed by the National Psoriasis Foundation.....that's pretty impressive.
I have had very good feedback from my visitors about this new FDA approved, all natural cream.
Return from What Is Psoriasis to Tips For Healthy Skin
Return from What Is Psoriasis to Wrinkle Free Skin Tips Home