We all want to how to shrink pores and get smooth gorgeous skin - right?
How many products have you purchased over the last few years to hide or clear blocked pores?
Well, the truth is you CANNOT shrink pores. Pore size does not shrink, but if your pores are clogged with blackheads - they will appear larger and more noticeable.
Clean, clear ores are necessary for the health of your skin by providing the oil that keeps skin soft and supple.
But, if your skin is not kept clean, enlarged pores can form when they become irritated and inflamed with excess oil, dirt, skin cells, and makeup.
Sun damage can thicken skin cells around pores, and there is also a genetic factor involved in the formation of large pores.
If large pores remain untreated, it isn’t long before blemishes begin to form and often turn into full breakouts.
While pore size can’t be permanently reduced, it helps to know how to shrink pores temporarily to avoid such problems.
I've seen many makeup products that claim to "cover-up" and "hide" enlarged pores. However, it's better to clean and clear the skin for real results.
A good, gentle cleanser is the first step in shrinking pores and should be performed twice a day in lukewarm. Also, follow up with a weekly exfoliating scrub or toner to reduce the number of dead skin cells that can get trapped inside the pores.
1. Start with a good antioxidant face wash or cleanser that contain:
You can follow this up with commercial astringents or toners, but they can sometimes be overly harsh and drying.
An herbal astringent such as witch hazel is gentler, but don’t overdo it.
2. Exfoliation is the next important key to shrinking pores.
3. A microdermabrasion treatment once or twice a week is also very effective and is done either in a spa or salon or even at home.
Follow up any type of exfoliation treatment with a good oil-free moisturizer or facial primer, especially under makeup.
This will prevent the makeup from absorbing into and clogging the pores while providing a smoother surface for its application.
The appearance of Smaller pores are possible if you follow a few basic tips that have worked for me and many other women.
1. First, use oil-free products labeled as being “non-comedogenic” and “pore minimizing” and be sure to remove all makeup at the end of the day. Sunscreen is a must to avoid pore-enlarging sun damage.
For those who aren’t satisfied with the results from these treatments, there are more extreme options such as chemical peels and even laser resurfacing.
2. Chemical peels employ various kinds of acids to penetrate the top skin layers and remove them by peeling them down to the newer layers with smaller pores.
3. Laser resurfacing not only reduce pores but also eliminates damage from the sun and aging. In addition to external try to drink lots of pure water to help keep the dermis hydrated, and eat as many fresh fruits and vegetables as possible.
4. Finally, in a pinch, if your clogged pore becomes red or inflamed, try placing an ice cube over the infected area. The ice cube can act as a quick astringent and immediately shrinks pores.
Knowing how to shrink pores is easy when you know what to use.
I hope that these tips have covered the basics of how to shrink pores and improve the appearance of your skin. Clearer skin should soon be yours!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Other links on this site may lead to other companies I'm associated with.
May 02, 19 08:37 AM
Hi, Can anyone suggest a good organic skin care moisturizer and maybe a cleanser too? I'm looking for specifically for very dry, older skin. Also, does
Apr 05, 19 09:23 AM
Pictures of Eczema.Contact Dermatitis pictures, illustrations, and Photos. Find eczema skin symptoms, and over the counter eczema treatment that's gentle
Look Flawless in Minutes!