Pimple popping is not the best way to treat our skin.
It often damages our skin - but the truth is - it's something we’ve all done at one time or another - and to some it’s addicting behavior.
Also, some people really believe that squeezing pimples helps them to heal faster…………………..however, that may not always be the case.
Sometimes if done incorrectly – you can actually cause scarring or worse an infection. So when is it okay? Well, there are certain type of zits that are not okay to squeeze. For example:
- If you develop a bump after trying to pop a pimple, leave it alone. Further squeezing can just cause scarring or skin damage.
- Don’t touch hard zits that won’t pop or that don’t have a whitehead.
- If you have several pimples clustered together - like a pimple rash - leave it alone. Trying to squeeze them will only make it worse.
- Never fool with an ingrown zit. Again, you’ll damage the skin and may leave a permanent mark/scar/red spot.
If you must fool with the pimple, make sure it's not it's not acne (see pictures of acne) or a boil (see pictures of boils).
Both of these conditions can look like pimples too.
Squeezing Pimple - Best Tips
So, if you have a non-infected, non-inflamed pimple with a whitehead that has come to the very top of the surface and cannot wait for it to heal - consider these common simple steps outlined below.
- First try to remove dead top skin layers by using an exfoliator or a micro-peel. A micro-peel can also speed the healing.
- Take a sharp sewing needle and disinfect it very well with rubbing alcohol or hydrogen peroxide
- Very lightly try to prick the very top of the whitehead surface
- Wrap a tissue around each of your index fingers and gently squeeze each side of the pimple
- If the blemish is ready – a few good squeezes should release the pus and pressure
- If nothing comes out or when blood or clear fluid starts to ooze, then stop. Don’t continue past that point, or you’ll risk infection, swelling, or scarring
- After wards, clean the area with rubbing alcohol or hydrogen peroxide. Then make sure to wash your face with a pH balanced cleanser to encourage healing and reduce the chance of infection.
Of course the best tip for clear skin is to learn how to prevent pimples - prevention tips.
Return from Pimple Popping to Pop That Zit
Return from Pimple Popping to Wrinkle Free Skin Tips For More Beautiful Skin Tips