Top 10 Interview Questions
Important Plastic Surgeon Interview Questions You Should Be Asking
Make sure you know the top 10 interview questions to ask before getting any cosmetic surgery.
The right plastic surgeon interview questions can help you determine if the doctor and elected procedure is right for you.
Remember, these top 10 interview questions are just the basics. You may have more depending on your situation.
Make sure you write down all the interview questions ahead of time -- as you may get nervous during the interview and forget. Keep this list with while interviewing the doctors.
You should ask these questions even if you're opting for non-surgical facelift procedures.
While these non-surgical procedures can help improve appearance with no cutting or stiches for a lot less cost - there are still risks and side effects involved.
And, as always, experience is important.
Is the doctor board-certified? Complications can increase when procedures are not performed by a board-certified doctor. While a surgeon can have several different certifications and be a member of several surgical societies, make sure he/she is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS).
In order to obtain this certification, the surgeon must have completed specialized and extensive training in his field. You can verify that he/she is certified by checking on-line here: ABPS.
- How many times has the doctor performed this procedure? The doctor should perform this procedure, successfully, on a regular basis and on numerous patients. The doctor should perform the elected procedure at least a few times a week.
While this number is subjective and there is no specific guideline, consider this: Would you like to be his first patient for a specific procedure?
If he specializes in breast implants and you want a nose job......I'd find another doctor who specializes in Rhinoplasty and performs severy hundred a month!
- What result can you expect? While it may be impossible to predict exactly how your results will turn out, the doctor should have a good idea of what you can expect based on your age, health, medical history, and skin condition. You may want to bring in pictures so that your doctor has a clear picture of your exceptions.
- How long is the recovery time? This helps you plan your time better. You may need to plan time off from work or arrange for family care.
- What are the risks or side effects? Make sure you know of any potential complications before going into surgery
- Ask to see before and after photographs of other patients or ask to speak with former patients who have had the same procedure. The doctor should be willing to share this information with you – if he hesitates, get another doctor.
- Where will the procedure be performed? Is the doctor associated with any hospital? If not ask why. Although these days many procedures can be done safely in a doctor’s office or outpatient center, your doctor should have hospital privileges. If not, look for another doctor.
- How long will your results last? The answer to this may vary from person to person, but there are general guidelines for certain procedures.
- What is the cost of the procedure? Keep in mind that insurance companies will not cover cosmetic procedures. Make sure you understand the cost and what sorts of payment options are available. Also, many doctors require a deposit prior to surgery.
- What type of after care is included? Will you require medication? How many post-operative visits are included with your fee? Will need someone to care for you at home? Make sure you understand all of these facts before going into surgery.
Keep these top 10 interview questions with you when you meet with potential doctors.
Don’t be intimidated or afraid to ask these questions.
A good doctor will want their patient to be fully informed and expect you to ask as many questions as you need to feel comfortable.
If you have experience on interviewing or have questions for a surgeon, we would love to hear your thoughts and experience. Please share!!!
Face Exercises - Can facial exercises replace cosmetic surgery face lift or maintain a face lift longer? Click here to watch a video.
Return from Top 10 Interview Questions to Cosmetic Surgery Center Guide